Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default Alternatives to plastering

geoff wrote:
In message , R D S
writes
ARWadsworth wrote:
"R D S" wrote in message
I need to decorate a bedroom, and I can't be arsed with the upheaval
and
mess of having it plastered (it will be necessary), I just want to be
able to paint.

So I am thinking of sticking plasterboards to the wall with something
inbetween the boards such as a thin piece of timber, slightly proud, so
I don't need to try too hard to line the edges up and it will
(hopefully)look as if I have done it on purpose.

Has anyone done this sort of things before? Did it look OK?

Tapered plasterboard with filler where the boards meet?
Adam

Can good results be achieved? I imagine it would always be possible to
see where the filler is after painting.
I would rather do somthing controversial than have a crap version of
the norm.

I want to avoid lining paper if possible, I really hate papering.

get "er" to do that bit

Have you not learned the secret ?

You do all the huffing, puffing, sweating and swearing doing the "hard
work", and leave "er" to "finish off"

She'll only make a ******** of it.