Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Alternatives to plastering

R D S wrote:

I need to decorate a bedroom, and I can't be arsed with the upheaval and
mess of having it plastered (it will be necessary), I just want to be
able to paint.

So I am thinking of sticking plasterboards to the wall with something
inbetween the boards such as a thin piece of timber, slightly proud, so
I don't need to try too hard to line the edges up and it will
(hopefully)look as if I have done it on purpose.

Has anyone done this sort of things before? Did it look OK?

'Er indoors thinks i've gone off.

You see that sort of thing from the 1930s occasionally, with LDF
instead of plasterboard. Horrible.

I wouldnt use paper in a bathroom either.

NT