Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Alternatives to plastering

R D S wrote:
I need to decorate a bedroom, and I can't be arsed with the upheaval and
mess of having it plastered (it will be necessary), I just want to be
able to paint.

So I am thinking of sticking plasterboards to the wall with something
inbetween the boards such as a thin piece of timber, slightly proud, so
I don't need to try too hard to line the edges up and it will
(hopefully)look as if I have done it on purpose.

Has anyone done this sort of things before? Did it look OK?

'Er indoors thinks i've gone off.

I think it would look fine.

Where 'fine' has been redefined to mean 'fairly horrible'. :-)

If you want to go down that route, it seems to me that you need to be
bolder - maybe a faux Japanese screen effect? Or Mondrian-alike. Or,
well, something not like the gaps between plasterboard sheets!

But, though I would be worried about achieving a really good result, the
tapered board and filler approach seems best to me.

--
Rod

onset.