Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Alternatives to plastering

"R D S" wrote in message
I need to decorate a bedroom, and I can't be arsed with the upheaval and
mess of having it plastered (it will be necessary), I just want to be
able to paint.

So I am thinking of sticking plasterboards to the wall with something
inbetween the boards such as a thin piece of timber, slightly proud, so
I don't need to try too hard to line the edges up and it will
(hopefully)look as if I have done it on purpose.

Has anyone done this sort of things before? Did it look OK?

Tapered plasterboard with filler where the boards meet?

Adam