Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Westinghouse stove too old?

"metspitzer" wrote in message
My stove is about 35 years old. I never was able to locate the model
number. One of the eyes went out, and I have been using only 3 for
years.

Well my dryer went out, so I called the repairman. He came out and
fixed the dryer, so I had him look at the stove. He said the control
rheostat was bad and they don't make them anymore.

True?

Very possible they are not made. Alternatives are to try a new model that
may also fit, but you have some expense there if you want to experiment.
I'd not invest a lot of money in a stove that old as other parts may go soon
too.

New stove will cost from "$400 to five times that depending on how fancy you
want to get.