Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] NOSPAMnet@gmail.com is offline

Default Screwfix's 10% Offer Extended

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:20:07 +0000, Tim S wrote:

coughed up some electrons that declared:

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 22:00:24 -0000, "Roger Mills"

Tim S wrote:

coughed up some electrons that declared:

Well it gives me a "unique code" so I presume it's unique to me .
It also says down at the bottom
"You have registered to receive these offers with the following email
address:
"
so that might be why you aren't getting it if you havent registered .

Tart's tits...

That explains why I never get these mailshorts everyone speaks of -
just missed out on this one, fortunately only for a 55 quid order.

The tickboxes are under My Account / Personal Details

Just ticked both of them - let's see if that does the trick.

Thanks for the head up

Cheers

Tim

*Both* boxes? I can only see *one*, and that says:

"Data Protection Act:
From time to time we may make portions of our mailing list available to
carefully selected organisations whose products may be of interest to you.
If you would like to receive such mailings, please tick this box."

As far as I can see, ticking that would leave me open to even more spam
from all and sundry - *not* to special offers from S/F.

Am I missing something?

I have just had a look and I too can only see one box,the one you
speak of. I have it ticked and must have had it ticked for a long time
.I can honestly say that the only stuff I get from Screwfix are a very
few mails about Special Offers and I get very little stuff that GMail
doesn't pick up so I doubt that you have anything to be worried about.
Like a lot of things nowadays the fear of spam is worse than the
actuality

There were two, until I ticked them, then after "Apply", all I see is the
one you all see.

The second is the DPA. The first one basicially said "keep me informed of
interesting things and discounts".

So I have no idea how you untick it...

Cheers

Tim

The "unsubscribe" link is in the e-mails you get ...down at the bottom
..