Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
RickH RickH is offline

Default Thermostat

On Nov 14, 9:41*am, (GregS) wrote:
In article , ransley wrote:

On Nov 14, 12:00=A0am, Newbie wrote:
Our thermostat for the heating/ac unit needs replacing. Which kind
provides most reliable service and best value in your opinion? Thanx.

Most reliable, best value, the old round Honywell, but not If you need
set backs and all the features.

I must have about 6 I took out. The main thing I see is they have a wide temperature
control span. I don't see any of the electronic types have a fail safe in case they fail
to turn off the furnace.

grge

I use one of those on my garage heater because it is the only
thermostat that can be set to 40F on the market (thats affordable).

True, nothing is more reliable, but for inside the house I really am
liking the setback features of a digital.