Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Dobony Michael Dobony is offline

Default Harbor Freight Tools

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:18:54 -0500, Claude Hopper wrote:

MiamiCuse wrote:
I have bought from them quite a few times during the life of my never
ending, ever expanding remodeling project.

My experience is their hand tools are really good, at least to a layman like
me, I like it, and I like their prices too.

However, their power tools are junk. Prices are attractive, but you really
get what you pay for. Much heavier than the competitive brands, bulkier and
not as functional.

What are your experience?

MC

I bought a battery drill that is pretty much crap. The price was good,
came with 2 batteries, one of which was broken. It has low run time and
hardly no power. Had to go buy one at Loew's.

My son bought one and I tried to use it to change outlets and covers in a
house we bought (they had up to 3 different colors in one room). The
battery didn't last a whole room. In about a year I am also on my 3rd
Dewalt cordless hammerdrill. The clutch is junk, driving screws through
decking on setting 1 and the locking chuck doesn't, often dropping drill
bits. For cordless drills, stick with Milwaukee or Hitachi.