Posted to uk.d-i-y
bob bob is offline

Default gloss paint drips

On 14 Nov, 16:48, "Edward" wrote:
On Nov 14, 2:47 pm, bob wrote:

Has anyone got any tips on removing drips in gloss paint that is a few
days old.

I started to spot sand the the drip but it became clear pretty quickly
that the paint had not dried so i sanded a bit more and have ended up
back to the wood i was covering. *I have touched up the scars with
white emulsion and will re-gloss but was wondering if there was a
better way to approach this job.

Why emulsion? *Emulsion is a very poor undercoat for a gloss finish, as it
doesn't flow. *White undercoat would be much better.

If you can be patient, I'd leave it a few weeks until the paint has hardened
off. *You might be able to shave them off with a razor blade, or wet and dry
(depending on the situation). *However, you're also rather likely to see the
patch unless you are a very skilled painter (which, judging by the fact that
you got drips in the first place, seems unlikely). *Your best bet (if you're
reluctant to start again with the whole item) would be to repaint the
section - e.g. on a door that might be the panel, or the stile, or the
muntin etc.

Edward

The drips were actually left by a "professional" painter i had in; I
would get him back but i daren't. Thanks for the razor blade tip.