Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Council recycling grinds to a halt

David Hansen wrote:
On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:41:09 +0000 someone who may be Andy Burns
wrote this:-

We have to trek if we want to recycle tetra-paks

I don't buy the things that often, but if I do then a little slosh
around in the dishwater and they go in with the paper and cardboard.
As I understand it they remove the plastic tops and deal with them
separately. The plastic lids go in the plastic recycling bins with
other plastic of the same type.

Which highlights one of the problems - these rules and approaches vary
considerably from place to place. Here, multi-layer packaging such as
tetra-paks must not go into the paper bin, nor are they permitted in the
metal/plastic bin. With no other recycling points for them, our only
'choice' is the 'other' bin for landfill.

--
Rod

onset.