Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight Tools

We get this question once a year, or so. Turns into one of the longest
threads on the group. Anyhow, I'll play.

Hmm. Pittsburgh flare wrenches. Some years ago. Too big for English nuts,
and I don't have any metrics. Metal too soft. Ended up pitch em in the short
steel.

Hammers. Took me several to find a design I like. Ended up with 24 ounce
waffle faced ripping / framing hammer. I can pound staples, and they don't
go flying like the polished faced hammers. Ripping claw useful for taking
apart sheet metal ducts.

Impact wrench. Got the electric plug in model. Works fine.

Electric sheet metal shear. Needs allen wrench to loosen the "swivel head".
But other than that, works fine.

I'll think of more, in the morning. Will help extend the life of this
thread.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"MiamiCuse" wrote in message
I have bought from them quite a few times during the life of my never
ending, ever expanding remodeling project.

My experience is their hand tools are really good, at least to a layman like
me, I like it, and I like their prices too.

However, their power tools are junk. Prices are attractive, but you really
get what you pay for. Much heavier than the competitive brands, bulkier and
not as functional.

What are your experience?

MC