Morgans

Default Finishing Basement Shop Questions

"Morgans" wrote in message

wrote in message
Apparently I'm not being clear enough.
I don't want to frame out the walls. I don't want to lose floor
space. I'd rather just fur out the wall with 2x4's laid flat against
the existing wall, then use either plywood, drywall, paneling, or
pegboard to cover.
The question then becomes how to handle the situation with the
existing insulation. This stuff wraps around the room horizontally
with (2) 4' wide bats.
So, do I
1. Leave it, and place the furring strip 2x4's over it?
or
2. Cut it wherever there will be a furring strip, then re-staple or
tape it to the furring strip?
or
3. Rip it down toss it out, and re-insulate using 1.5" x 24" x 8' foam
board between my furring strips.
or
4. Open to suggestions???

I choose #3 because the wall will be more secure, better insulated,
straighter, firmer.
--
Is there no way that you can keep yourself from using this newsgroup as a
place to vent on religion? Wrong place, wrong time.

Jim in NC

Whoops1 Wrong sig line. Sorry!
--
Jim in NC