Herman Family

Default wood flooring tiles

You might consider putting down a moisture barrier, then 1x2s on 16" centers
with foam insulation between them, followed by some subflooring and finally
put your tiles down in the usual manner. The upshot of it all is you want
to remove the tiles from the vagaries of concrete, and put them in a wood
friendly environment.

Michael
"vegasdave" wrote in message
om...
I want to make my own flooring tiles from wood and install them as you
would any other flooring tile. I would be intalling them on a solid
concrete subfloor. Is this possible? Would I be able to use grout, or
is there a special grouting material that I would use? Would I use
construction adhesive or thinset to lay the tiles? Would I seal them
with marine varnish, or would a urethane coating be sufficient?
Any advice on this topic would be appreciated. I like tile, love
wood, and hate parkay flooring. This idea seemed the best of both
worlds. Please help.