Posted to uk.d-i-y
YAPH YAPH is offline

Default domestic water booster pumps

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 15:10:59 -0800, jim wrote:

does anyone have one / have experiences with them?

I need to buy and fit one so would appreciate a discuss of what is
about and best suited..

I've fitted a couple from Pump Express, like
http://www.pumpexpress.co.uk/ped_3cr_desc.htm
http://www.pumpexpress.co.uk/Vertix_BZ.htm

The second installation I used a potable expansion vessel from Toolstation
which was £30 instead of £40 Pump Express wanted.

They're remarkably reasonably priced for the specs.

There's a noticable drop in pressure until the pump kicks in again, which
might be an issue if e.g. you're just pumping the HW to a non-thermostatic
shower, but for a whole-house cold water pump it should be OK.

Also they're not the quietest things in the world so need to be installed
carefully.

--
YAPH http://yaph.co.uk

A backstreet vasectomy left me sterile