John Emmons

Default Why wood prices are going up

The British gave away the Middle East?...what an interesting way to think of
someone else's land.

John Emmons

"Ramsey" wrote in message

But Charlie, give credit where credit is due. The only people with a
worse track record of international screwups are the Btrit's. They
GAVE Iraq and the rest of the middle East away - and with it the oil.
Woops. Forgot the French. But they are so sorry they are a lesson unto
themselves.

On 18 Sep 2003 18:08:25 GMT, otforme (Charlie Self)
wrote:

Dennis Vogel responds:

It is probable that we need to return to the early '70s and the

windfall
profit
tax laws. A lot of this price gouging would disappear if there were no
extra
profits made.

Bwaaa ha ha! That's a good one. Got any more?

Don't expect anyone in Washington to give a rat's
ass about windfall profits and price gouging. They
think that's just the market at work. Bwaaa ha ha!

Dunno, but if memory serves, Nixon was the one who introduced the

windfall
profits regulations during our first, greatest gas crisis (another

invention of
our Middle Eastern buddies).

Hard to believe, isn't it?

Charlie Self

"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without
integrity is dangerous and dreadful."
Samuel Johnson