Posted to alt.home.repair
sweetsurprisesbyteri sweetsurprisesbyteri is offline

Default Need help with plans for steps for my 3 yr old - pls read

Sorry took so long to reply. As far as his therapy - it was their
recommendation to do it at home and the only steps we have are narrow
spiral. We could use the exercise stepper (single plastic step) and I
have been using that - she gave me a list of items I needed - a 4"
thick tumbling mat, a huge ball, a balance board, a balance beam
along with others. Because of his age and the treatment, they don't
want us at the therapy center any more than we need to be as his
counts will be dramatically impacted resulting in needing transfusions
every couple weeks, etc. They need me to keep his musle tone up and
gave me the instructions on what to do. They have a 1 acre play yard
and we live in TX so we can be outside most of the year. I am also
doign the foam blocks for inside - his treatment will be longer than 1
year and we're unsure how much he'll lose because of radiation. They
want him working daily on doing his therapy = but making it a game -
he has a brother thats only 16mo older so he "helps" me by
participating in the play. I called and there were only 4 steps up
and 4 steps down - I just couldn't rememb er.....

Thank you so much for all your replies and words of wisdom.

Teri