Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Leaves for insulation

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

aemeijers wrote:
If the little woodland creatures didn't come visit me, I wouldn't get
any visitors at all. Better in their bellies than in the landfill. I
don't garden, so a compost pile is pointless. (aside from the annual
multi-ton leaf pile against the fenceline out back, but that is so I
don't have to bag or burn.)

Next time you're in the city, prowl around behind apartments to find a
three-sided aquarium, usually next to the dumpster. Take it home.

Line the three sides with reflective film. Fashion a lid from scrap
wood. It is now a bird feeder.

Install your new bird feeder in the window next to your breakfast
table. As you have your morning coffee, sprinkle some bird seed - or
crunchy bits of your waffle - in the feeder and enjoy the birdies
sharing your breakfast.

....being concious of where previous meals will land and pile up while
they are chowing.