Posted to alt.home.repair

Default can cold damage a house?

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:15:02 -0500, RJ_32 wrote:

aside from the obvious of water pipes freezing, can cold damage a house? I
don't know what might occur, wallpaper peeling or plaster cracking or whatever.

If damage can occur, at what temperature would it occur? If I keep am unused
bedroom closed up for the winter with the radiator turned off, can anything
bad result?

Water vapor will travel towards the colder parts of the house and away
from warmer parts, although probably not an issue in drier climates.
If there is little risk of pipes freezing, I'd seal it off the extra
bedroom and air it out weather permitting.