Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default can cold damage a house?

On Nov 11, 4:15*pm, RJ_32 wrote:
aside from the obvious of water pipes freezing, can cold damage a house? I
don't know what might occur, wallpaper peeling or plaster cracking or whatever.

If damage can occur, at what temperature would it occur? If I keep am unused
bedroom closed up for the winter with the radiator turned off, can anything
bad result?

Water-moisture cause damage, I dont heat a place in winter, in Europe
alot of places are unheated for hundreds of years, no damage. A
radiator yes depending on how its plumbed, no circulation can freeze
pipes, a bedroom unlikely will get cold enough. but how cold does it
get where you are.