Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Gravel floor in garage

On Nov 11, 3:45*pm, terry wrote:
On Nov 11, 5:18*pm, wrote:

wrote:
the extra moisture coming from the gravel can cause your vehicle to
rust out from below....

Not with a vapor barrier under the stone.

Nick

Level ground, lay heavy plastic damp barrier Maybe couple of layers.
Cover with several inches of gravel. Put in a concrete floor later if
and when it can be afforded.

Don't know where the OP lives, but what happens if salt filled snow
melts off the car and drains down onto the water barrier?

If it froze again would that be an issue? If it doesn't freeze and
just sits there, would that be an issue?

I don't know if it'll be a problem, I'm just bringing it up.