Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] LEGEND65@yahoo.com is offline

Default 5 gallon dust separator

On Nov 11, 3:49 pm, "CC" wrote:
I ran across this plan for making a 5 gallon dust separator and
thought it might
be of interest to those that do not have a dust collection system yet
or who
are just using a shop vac, I use a separator lid from Lee Valley and
have been
happy with it so far, but for something smaller, this might be just
the ticket for them
CC

http://www.evenfallstudios.com/woodw...lding-the-5_ga...

Or cry once and get the CV06 from clearvuecyclones, which works
fantastically well. I don't know how it compares to this particular
modification, but it's an order of magnitude better than a regular
separator lid, both in terms of separation and to basically be able to
fill the entire container to the brim without anything being pulled
through. Also it's cool being able to see it working

It's still not the CFMs of a real dust collector, but there are some
tools for which a vac is necessary.

-Kevin