Posted to uk.d-i-y
jim jim is offline

Default domestic water booster pumps

On 12 Nov, 05:49, Keith wrote:
jim wrote:
does anyone have one / have experiences with them?

I need to buy and fit one so would appreciate a discuss of what is
about and best suited..

TIA

Jim

We have a pump attached to a small pressure vessel which feeds the
house. If the mains pressure is healthy the pump does not operate, but
if pressure falls below a set level the pump starts and boosts the
pressure. Turn the taps off and the pump pressurises the vessel again
and then cuts off.

The pump has a max load of 500W, promises 40L/mimute at 15M head, and is
self priming to 8M lift.

I'm sure I heard it called a 'hydroflor' but in this case google's not
your friend. It came from a French DIY shed, Mr Bricolage.

--
Keith

Hi keith - that sounds on the right lines - is it intrusively noisy
when starting/running?
Does it kick in every time water is used - or is there a chance to get
a drink of water at midnight without waking everyone up for e.g.?!!