Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default domestic water booster pumps

"Keith" wrote in message
jim wrote:
does anyone have one / have experiences with them?

I need to buy and fit one so would appreciate a discuss of what is
about and best suited..

TIA

Jim

We have a pump attached to a small pressure vessel which feeds the house.
If the mains pressure is healthy the pump does not operate, but if
pressure falls below a set level the pump starts and boosts the pressure.
Turn the taps off and the pump pressurises the vessel again and then cuts
off.

The pump has a max load of 500W, promises 40L/mimute at 15M head, and is
self priming to 8M lift.

I'm sure I heard it called a 'hydroflor' but in this case google's not
your friend. It came from a French DIY shed, Mr Bricolage.

--

You are not permitted to pump the incoming main directly. Where a pressure
increase is required you have to use a header tank supplied by the mains and

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)