N. Thornton

Default Projected lifespan of pushfix plumbing?

David @chapellllhouse.demon.co.uk wrote in message ...
In article , N.
Thornton writes
"Hepworth Plumbing Products" wrote in
message ...

http://www.hep2o.co.uk

If Mr or Ms Hep can provide
a) independant data that shows pushfit to be as reliable as solder,
solvent and compression
and
b) a 50 year guarantee that covers damage to the house and will still
be genuinely claimable on in 50 years time

then I might well be convinced.

Pushfit has been in use for 25yrs, probably longer in fact,

I didn't know that.

how long do
you want to wait before it proves itself?

I dont know. How long does soldered copper piping last? How long do
compression fittings last? How long does pushfit last? I dont have any
definitive answers to those qs, but I would expect [on a gut level
only] that synthetic rubber seals are unlikely to last as well as
solder or copper olives. I'd be perfectly happy to be proved wrong on
that.

Do you know of any plumbing
related materials and devices i.e boilers, radiators, appliances etc.,
that have a guarantee that covers damage to the house if they fail?

No, and thats just why I am still at this point wary of installing
something that I expect to fail some day, with, in this case, possibly
rather damaging consequences.

If someone actually has hard data I'd love to see it. After all, its
perfectly possible that pushfit could turn out to be more reliable
than the others. Until I have more info tho, I'd prefer to avoid it.

Regards, NT