Posted to alt.home.repair
Zz Yzx Zz Yzx is offline

Default Need advice on a good name brand water heater

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:36:43 -0800, Zz Yzx
wrote:

DAGS on "Whirlpool water heater", you'll get A LOT of complaints. I
put a new "EnergySmart, FlameLock" gas heater in two years ago, it's
worked flawlessly until last weekend. Then, itstill made hot water,
but I had to restart the pilot after every batch; I got the error code
"upper sensor failure", whih I think refers to a thermocouple. IDAGS,
and found A LOT of the same complaint. and refernces to non-standard
replacement parts (left-hand threads). I fiddled with mine without
really doing anything, but it
's back to working.

Google is your friend.

-Zz

THAT said, numerous sources revealed in the Google search indicated
that most major water heater brands are all made by 1 or 2
manufacturers, which slap a different brand name on and distrubute
them nation-wide.

-Zz