Posted to alt.home.repair
Caesar Romano Caesar Romano is offline

Default Gravel floor in garage

On Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:33:15 -0500, Claude Hopper
wrote Re Gravel floor in garage:

wrote:
I live in a typical suburb with typical zoning, if I were to build a
new detached garage, could I save money by having a gravel floor ?
The perimeter would be concrete of course.

It seems like it would be little different, functionally. Or am I
nuts !

Cheers -

They used to build garages all the time years ago with gravel floors.
Sometimes they later poured the floors, others had wooden floors.

Indeed, as long as you don't skimp on the foundation, it would work
fine. In fact you would have the later advantage of being able to
easily install a mechanic's pit if you desire.