Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need advice on a good name brand water heater

On Nov 10, 11:37*pm, flir67 wrote:
what does everyone think of buying a water heater and putting brass
ballvalve's on it before install? anyone every do this?

It can be a good idea to replace the cheap drain valve with a good
quality one, to prevent future problems. For that application, I'd
use a gate type valve though. I'm not too keen on using a valve on
hot water where if you turn it a 1/4 turn it goes from off to full on.

and a curved anondized stick ?

I guess you mean replace the one it comes with so that it's easier to
replace due to overhead clearance? I wouldn't do that. Anodes
aren't cheap and most people never replace or check them at all. If
you do check it, which is probably a good idea, and it needs to be
replaced, there won't be much of it left, so you should be able to
easily break or cut it to get out.