Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Need help with plans for steps for my 3 yr old - pls read

clipped

PLEASE take him to his therapy no matter how much he protests, whines,
cries, kicks, and screams.

The issue of the therapist is a reasonable concern, but absolutely not
the right idea for all children.
As a nurse and a mom, I've seen lots of different behavior of young
children - not good/bad or
right/wrong, but just individual reactions. I have done fingersticks on
3 and 5 y/o, with good
preparation and NO TEARS, only to have them scream their heads off
during a non-invasive
physical exam with someone who took no time to prepare or explain. With
my own children,
I had two who would have gone anywhere, with anyone, at this age; the
other was much more
guarded (not shy or timid) - during a hospitalization, would not even
accept a glass of water
from strangers and yet gulped fluids as soon as I was allowed to "visit"
.. Vowed then and
there I would never, ever leave my child at hospital without me.

With a sick child undergoing chemo, there will probably be limits
to his activity and energy level, not to be wasted with crying sessions
or any other negative
experiences. Three y/o know who they like and who they do not - far
better to have a
familiar situation and setting and make use of enjoyable play as much as
can be made
possible. As for the structure of the therapy modules, the therapist
should have provided
information to get the required activity done with material available or
easily found at home.