Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Need help with plans for steps for my 3 yr old - pls read

sweetsurprisesbyteri wrote:
... The steps in the therapy room are only about 3 inches deep (step
to step) and about one foot of step...and there's 8 up and 8 down.
Not sure if that's that important. I also need to make him a balance
beam ...
Thanks for any help that you can give me.

Tough break for the kiddie and his folks--sorry to hear it.
Good luck w/ treatment and the rehab...

Others have already talked about the size problem but one would presume
it could be cut down some altho as somebody else noted, perhaps the
pro's know better or it may just be they have the resources and room.

For making something, albeit probably somewhat smaller, I'd suggest you
could make the stringers by cutting them out of 3/4" ply and then make
the stringers w/ 1X boards since a 3-yr old won't need much weight
support. It wouldn't be too difficult to do that w/ just a jigsaw or
handsaw and be lighter than 2X stuff.