Posted to alt.home.repair
sweetsurprisesbyteri sweetsurprisesbyteri is offline

Default Need help with plans for steps for my 3 yr old - pls read

This prob is the wrong group, but my son was recently diagnosed with a
brain tumor (3 days after his 3rd birthday) and has had surgery and
just last week started his first round of chemo (this will be a long
process). His brain tumor is medulloblastoma which is a malignant
tumor that affects balance in addition to other areas. He needs
physical therapy but doesn't work well with the therapists and I would
like to make him what he needs at home. He needs steps that go up - a
bridge to walk across - and steps that go down again (he needs to pick
up puzzle pieces at one end and put them in the puzzle at the other
end. The steps in the therapy room are only about 3 inches deep (step
to step) and about one foot of step...and there's 8 up and 8 down.
Not sure if that's that important. I also need to make him a balance
beam (I think I can do that on my own - they want 80 for one at the
store!).

Thanks for any help that you can give me.

His carepage is at www.carepages.com and search for johnathondoerr if
you'd like to see it.

Teri