Posted to uk.d-i-y
BigWallop[_2_] BigWallop[_2_] is offline

Default Plumbing sink

wrote in message
Hi

I need to plumb in a sink, and I don't much like plumbing! So I have a
few qs...

There's an existing run of 40mm sovl weld waste that I need to tap
into, but I dont want to use more solv weld, and I gather compressions
arent compatible with solv weld pipe due to a slight size difference.
The present pipe is 42.5mm. Is pushfit compatible with this?

I plan to use microbore, since all the conditions seem favourable for
it. Any reason to choose between 8mm and 10mm? What min bending radius
should I stick to?

What do I use to connect the microbore to the taps?

Can I use sand instead of a bending spring?

Any recommended supplier for all the bits? Screwfix doesnt do
microbore bending springs.

cheers, NT

You say you want to tap into an existing waste pipe? What other appliances
are on this pipe?

You want to use Microbore pipework to the faucets? Where is the water
supplied from for the new appliance?

Microbore pipe is easily manipulated by hand, but if you want to make tight
bends, you will need an external bender handle. The pipe actually sits
inside a shaped form to hold the outside of the pipe wall and reduce any
creasing.

More info' on the whole layout for this type project, please. Ta.