Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Randy is offline

Default OT- The Election is over, let's get back to making chips

On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 15:50:40 -0500, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"Randy" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 13:05:28 -0800, Jim Stewart
wrote:

Ok, it's been fun and all, but can we now please
try to get the signal to noise ratio back up to
at least 6db?

Or at least keep the crossposts out of RCM?

I think I'll run a filter to delete every message with obama, mccain,
rep*, democ*, election, vote, and maybe a few other words just to
clean up the list,.

I post a machine question get zero replies, someone posts a political
rant and the replies can go over 100. WTF?

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Randy, if you're referring to your question asking for B&S or Allen Bradley
experts, first, you've got a ******* there, and second, you need an AB
expert more than a B&S expert -- and PLCs that have been around for a while
are not something that many recreational machinists are going to know about.

I was.

Rockwell is pretty good, in my experience, about answering tech questions,
and the PLC 500 is as common as dirt, so they should be able to help you. As
for the B&S, what's the vintage? Many of those made in the '70s and into the
'80s were actually manufactured by Wasino, under contract. We had a grinding
guy at Wasino when I was there, who knew them pretty well, but he's long
gone. His name is Bob Hamada, and he's still probably in the grinder
business somewhere. He went to Mitsui in Chicago about six years ago, but
I've lost track of him since then.

If it's a newer machine, I can't help. But I'd be surprised if you find a
hobby machinist who's going to be up on that combination, unless you just
happen to run into one with professional experience who worked with AB PLCs.

Good luck.

Not sure of the year, How do I tell? Most of the fasteners are
metric. Jones and Shipman have been completely useless. They're the
ones who bought the Grinder division from B & S.

s/n is 523-2824-1048

B & S micromasters are very common, Techmaster's maybe no so much but
I do see them for sale or auction quite often.