Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shelf supports

Roger Morton wrote:
In , Owain wrote:

I remember a metal batten of such a description, not wood. .. thinks
and
googles - Spur Cliffhanger?
http://www.clydeinfo.com/chmain/dbi/...ts3/page4.html

This place says they have Spur Cliffhanger
http://www.spurshelving.co.uk/ (now Storage Solutions)

You could get small brackets like this one:
http://www.chimerakitchens.co.uk/aca...ss_shelf_suppo
rts.html

Or just make your own less-chunky floating shelves using the fixings
http://www.chimerakitchens.co.uk/aca...lf_system.html

This might also be a useful source of shelfy bits
http://www.e-
shopfittings.co.uk/shelving_systems/wall_gripper_brackets/20_0c.html

Isn't it amazing what a difference the right words make to google -
'hanger', and particularly 'cliff', would never have occurred to me.
And it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it were exactly the
same product as my warped memory tells me was wooden.

Anyway, it looks as though it will fit the bill perfectly. Many, many,
thanks.

Beware, that cantilevered shelves can't take much weight.