Doug Winterburn

Default Why wood prices are going up

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 03:33:06 +0000, Leon wrote:

The wood industry has adopted the Oil industry way of pricing.

We had the tip of the gasoline price thing here in Phoenix, supposedly because
of a pipeline rupture between Tucson and Phoenix (the gas comes from Texas
via pipeline to Tucson). 3/4ths of the Phoenix supply comes from California via
another pipeline (owned by the same people as the Tucson/Phoenix
pipeline).

Took a month to drive to Washington State, and what to my bewildered eyes
should appear but hugely escalating gasoline prices because of a pipeline
rupture in Arizona? I keep trying to understand the connection,
especially since everything I read says no supply problem, but still
searching for an answer.

-Doug