Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] news@picaxe.us is offline

Default Need info on oening a Viewsonic Optiquest Q9 LCD Monitor

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008 20:32:20 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) "
wrote:

I have been given a Viewsonic Optiquest Q9 LCD monitor, manufactured
in 2006, being thrown out because "it doesn't light up". When I
plugged it in, I got a brief "no signal" message on a dark background
screen, then the screen went entirely dark. I tried looking at the
screen illuminated with a bright light, but couldn't see anything at
all. I suspect the backlight, but how does the unit come apart? I
can't see any plugs to remove. Does the screen just pry apart? I
don't want to mar the appearance around the perimeter of the unit if
there is something I am overlooking to take it apart.

TIA,

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Here's a link to the steps (with pictures) that I followed to open and
repair a LiquidVideo 17" LCD monitor:
http://www.wizardanswers.com/liquidvideorepair.html

John