Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Elfin safety at B&Q

On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 16:28:10 +0000, Lobster wrote:

I waver any liability from the seller (insert name of shop here) due to
injury to my person and / or any damages that may occur due to my use
of said product.

Waiver... B-)

But you can't expect a shop assistant (or even the manager TBH) to be
conversant enough with the law to know whether the above would actually
hold water in court, can you?. (I don't know the answer myself!)

IANAL either but that sentance gets the seller off any hooks as I read it.
If the thing caught fire causing the house to burn down and the maker said
the shop shouldn't have sold the "damaged" product...

--
Cheers
Dave.