Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Elfin safety at B&Q

al wrote:
On 9 Nov, 14:30, "bilbo*baggins" wrote:
With regret, I visited the big B&Q barn in Hartcliffe, Bristol
yesterday and expressed interest in a Table Saw on the 'Tools' sales
floor that had been lifted down from display. It had an 'Ex-Display
Reduced' price sticker attached.

The storeperson told me she 'couldn't under any circumstances' sell
the device to me, for 'Health and Safety' reasons. When I asked what
those reasons were, she told me that some of the packaging seemed to
missing. I persisted. She insisted that "You might not have all the
instructions, and cut your finger off. Then you could sue us. It's
for your own good......"

I pointed out that, in the more than 50-odd years I'd been using
tools, powered and unpowered, I'd somehow managed to hang on to my
original ten fingers.... but she was adamant. It would not be sold.

So I left without the table saw - and the trolley-full of other stuff
I'd selected.

Would someone please tell me how we can rid ourselves of these
creatures?

Hi
What am I missing here, why was it on sale with a reduced price if
they could not sell it to you?

I thought that as well. If its offered for sale, its for sale surely?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk