Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Morton Roger Morton is offline

Default Shelf supports

Several (many?) years ago I remember seeing, probably in a shed
somewhere, a shelving support system that used a horizontal wooden
batten, machined into a sort of half round section with a channel
running all the way along it. Screw holes at the base of the channel
to attach it to the wall, then the shelf slotted (tightly) into the
channel and hid the screws. Sort of a not-quite-concealed support for
a conventionally-thick shelf, rather than these horrible chunky
'floating' shelves that seem to be all the rage these days.

I've googled my fingers to the bone; anyone know if they're still
available anywhere?

--
Roger Morton