Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default A/C Heating - Need bipartisan advice!

On Nov 8, 2:01*pm, "olddog" wrote:
Looks like my A/C Heating unit may be toast. (1700 sq ft house, natural gas,
Austin TX)

I was already warned my a/c was on it's last leg because we had to put in
4.5lbs of Freon this summer.

I went to turn on my heater this morning and it wouldn't come on. It just
made a buzzing noise. I felt the blower motor and it was hot so I turned it
off, spun it and it came on but with a new grinding noise and water (!) came
out of the vent! So I immediately shut it off.

I'm pretty much resigned to buying a new unit and I have the money saved for
it.

Where would you start? I've read horror stories about incompetent
installers. I want a licensed professional and I don't mind paying for it..

I've seen some ads for Goodman's starting at $3750 installed. Is that too
cheap?

TIA

Olddog

The water might be a clogged AC drain, you need a service and to learn
how it all works. Then shop for instalers and equipment.