Posted to alt.home.repair

Default A/C Heating - Need bipartisan advice!

At a moment like this, I open the phone book. Call the companies with the
smallest ads. And see which ones talk straight, and make sense when they
speak. Call three of them over, for an estimate. And choose the one that is
polite, easygoing, and doesn't try to push you or rush you.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"retired54" wrote in message

My main problem is I'm new here and I don't have very many contacts. My wife
knows one contractor's wife that lives in Georgetown (couple miles north)
but I still don't know how to check them out. The BBB?

Do you think it's appropriate to ask to see the installer's license?

I got the heater running and I sprayed some contact spray in the motor. It's
still making a grinding noise but maybe the contact spray needs to work it's
way in. Sure heated the house quickly!

Thanks

Olddog