Posted to alt.home.repair
retired54 retired54 is offline

Default A/C Heating - Need bipartisan advice!

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
retired54 wrote:

Yes..That's what I've heard. I've read the installer matters more
than the brand of the unit. I have a feeling that's why I'm having
problems now.
My main problem is I'm new here and I don't have very many contacts.
My wife knows one contractor's wife that lives in Georgetown (couple
miles north) but I still don't know how to check them out. The BBB?

Do you think it's appropriate to ask to see the installer's license?

I got the heater running and I sprayed some contact spray in the
motor. It's still making a grinding noise but maybe the contact spray
needs to work it's way in. Sure heated the house quickly!

If your hand will fit a wrench, you should be able to replace the motor
for a couple of hundred dollars.

Remove the old motor, take it to Graingers, say: "Gimme one like this."

The motor looks like it *could* be easily replaced. I was wondering how it
is attached to the fan and do I need to remove the fan housing?

Olddog