Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Talk the torque.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote in message

Depends on whether you have since realised how useful a cordless impact
driver is, either large or small, and bought one.

Yes they're useful but not essential in the same sort of way as a power
drill is essential.

If I were starting out, but with my present experience of such things, I'd
buy drills in this order:-

1 Two speed reversing mains drill with a half inch chuck.
2 SDS drill with rotation stop.
3 Good quality cordless.
4 Dremel type 'hobby' drill.
4 Impact driver.

Yes that's a reasonable choice for the first three, if I had to start again
from scratch
I would then go for
4. Impact drivers x3
5. angle grinder funny that's the number of them that I now have
6. Dremel type 'hobby' drill/grinder
it really depends what you get upto I find I use the cordless impact driver
lots for removing stubborn screws, small nuts/bolts.
which was the original use for the mechanical impact driver, which I would
still not be without.

20. Air wrench for all the larger nuts/bolts that 4 can't handle.
100. Oxyacetylene cutting torch, when all else fails

-