Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos Harold and Susan Vordos is offline

Default OT - God, then and now

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 05:37:41 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan
Vordos" scrawled the following:

snip---

For composers, it's hard to beat John Lewis, the pianist for MJQ.
Absolute
genius!

He's/They're good, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmpLtYmSlvM

Can't thank you enough for that link. My DSL is new, not even a month old,
so I have not explored much (too busy with the building project). I had
no idea there was anything like that available.

MJQ is amongst my favorites. Just before leaving Utah, they performed at
Utah State College, a drive in excess of 200 miles for us. The front
three rows were unoccupied, so my bride insisted we sit up front, which we
did. Center, second row. For encores, they played all the songs I
shouted out. We felt highly honored to have them play for us. In all
my years, I saw them perform only three times. They did not venture to
Utah much.

They're all dead now, the last one dying about two years ago. A great
loss for the jazz community, to be sure.

Harold