Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default 20 LED chaser - 20CHASER.pdf - 20CHASER reva.pdf - 20CHASER revb.pdf

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 19:31:07 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 05:46:14 -0600, John Fields
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 15:45:43 -0600, John Fields
wrote:

---
A "gotcha" I noticed yesterday, or the day before is that, wired the way
it's shown, (with the register outputs sinking current) if all the
register outputs come up reset on power-on, then there won't be enough
current to turn on all the LEDs and you'll have to wait for an entire
cycle before the thing starts to chase properly. If you've got the pot
set to "full slow" that could take about 30 seconds, so it might be
working, but since nothing was appearing to happen it looked like it
wasn't working.

In order have it start right away the shift register outputs should
_source_ current, so I fixed the circuit and attached a copy of the new
schematic.

---
Dotting the 'i's and crossing the 't's yields rev b:

JF

John, Hate to be a party-pooper, but I believe, unless this starts
just right it doesn't work :-(

---
How so?

JF