Posted to alt.home.repair
Kevin Ricks Kevin Ricks is offline

Default Genie Garage Door Opner

Purpledawn wrote:
The two light bulbs in the overhead console of the Genie Garage Door Opener
no longer come on when I open or close the garage door. I have replaced both
bulbs but that did not solve the problem. Any idea why they won`t come on.
Have considered calling the local Genie Repair Man but my neighbor said that
it was cheaper to buy a new one then fix the problem in this one (?) Any
advise you have would be appreciated.
thanks, Monika

Use incandescent bulbs I can't get CF bulbs to work in my Genie because
the base of the CFL is oo fat for the fixture socket.

Operate the door and then measure the sockets with a volt meter. If you
get power then you might try to bend the contact point up in the center
of the sockets.

If no voltage then take the cover off of the opener box and follow the
lighting wires. Make sure the connector is not come loose from the main
circuit board.

Not much more you can do yourself. I have replaced the main circuit
board in mine for another problem wasn't too hard. Gene sent it to me
free under warranty.

Kevin