Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Basement door threshold installation

Cross posting removed

"Wally" wrote in message

to screw the threshold down. The install directions say to use caulk
on both edges of the threshold for maximum sealing.
I was wondering what type/kind of caulk to use.
Thanks,
Walt

100% silicone is fine for metal to concrete. And that is the key. One that
bonds well to metal and concrete.

Most of the ones I have installed have a groove on edge side along the base
where the caulk is applied.

The 100% clear stuff is not going to store well so go ahead and add as much
as you like under the threshold.

Do make sure you have it properly cut and the door swing tested before you
apply the caulk. One screw is usually enough to hold it in place for
testing purposes.

--
Colbyt