Mark Jerde

Default Table Saw Outfeed Table

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT wrote:
Something even simpler. You got a kid? Anywhere from about 8
yo, up? That's all you need. My grandfather would rip lumber and
plywood, and I would act as an outfeed table/handler. No prob

2 or 3 times I've tried this. Despite my instructions, "Don't pull, just
hold, especially don't put sideways pressure" the results were suboptimal.
The last time my SWMBO helped the cut ended up with a noticable curve -- a
good trick for a table saw & rip fence. I thanked her for her help,
jury-rigged an outfeed support for that sawing session, & dropped $20 on my
next trip to the Borg on an outfeed roller. Much better results.

I dunno, maybe my helpers just wanted to see what kickback looks like...
;-)

-- Mark