Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] salty@dog.com is offline

Default Anyone using LED lighting at home yet?

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 19:25:49 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 05:45:53 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,

wrote:

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 18:24:45 -0500, Nate Nagel
wrote:

Claude Hopper wrote:
wrote:
Sam's club has some replacement bulbs that are LED
based. Three pack for $15 BUCKS

Anyone tried or using such lighting?

I have been pricing them for a while. Some are becoming affordable and
offer long life and plenty of light. Look he
http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm

FWIW the automotive LEDs that they sell are pretty much garbage. not
bright enough to be safe. Yes, I had to try 'em.

nate

Funny... many newer cars are built using LED's for the tail and brake
lights and they are BLINDING compared to the incandescents they
replaced.

Visibility and illumination are two different things. LEDs are great for
the former, still weak on the latter.

Please try and follow along. we are talking about LED's used as Tail
and brake lights, not as headlights.

Sure, Salty. I guess the *title* of the thread is irrelevant?

Let's see:

1: question posed as to HOME lighting using LEDs
2: respondent says automotive LEDs are too weak
3: another respondent says automotive LEDs he's seen are "blinding"

If you see a non-sequitur in my response, perhaps it is you who is
having trouble... A "blinding" indicator (tail or brake light) is not an
endorsement for the use of the technology for illumination, whether that
is for home or auto.

So, what you are saying is that you lack conversational/communication
skills. Got it! G