Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default OT - God, then and now

Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

I'm with Lew. The best music of our time had to be the swing era. Glenn
Miller, Tommy Dorsey, Artie Shaw, Benny Goodman---even Basie and Duke
Ellington----there's more---lots more.

For composers, it's hard to beat John Lewis, the pianist for MJQ. Absolute
genius!

The best of all time? The baroque. Hands down!

Harold

Well Harold, Baroque is a little too far back for me. Not quite
enough varitey of instruments. 1550 to the 1600s is just a bit
toooooo much. :-)
But the more modern stuff of the "swing era" isn't too bad. I can
even remember in the 50s singers like Vaugn Monroe and Frankie Lane
being "listenable". :-)
...lew...