Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soldering Iron for Computer Cables

In article ,
Frank Erskine wrote:
On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 19:51:30 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Appin wrote:
I never cared for Antex irons myself -- those with slip-on tips tended
to let the slip-on tip slip off rather too often.

I'd say you were either using the wrong bit for the element or the
spring clip wasn't positioned properly. It goes towards the top of the
split (nearest the handle)

I've never had one come loose despite having used them for many many
years.

I've had a few Anthrax irons, but have never been impressed - the
elements seemed prone to early failure.

And you need a soldering iron to change them...

However I use low voltage ones and the life is fine - they're designed for
pro use.

But the bits were easy to change.

--
*The older you get, the better you realize you were.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.